Buy Rye grain Mushroom grow bag – Magic Mushroom substrate kit online
Buy Rye grain Mushroom grow bag – Magic Mushroom substrate kit online. Online retailer of Rye grain Mushroom grow bag – Magic Mushroom substrate kit. You want a grow box devoid of mycelium. Here’s the Mushroom Rye! This substrate or spawn bag includes 1200 cc of sterile rye grain. The Mushbag includes a substrate that has been treated with heat and is appropriate for the spawning of most edible and magical mushrooms.
It has a tiny filter that lets it to breathe and a rubber injection port that hermetically shuts the bag after spore injection using a syringe. This grow kit does not contain spores, but they may be bought from our spore collection. After injection with a spore or mycelium syringe, the mushroom substrate bag is hermetically sealed with an air filter and injection port made of rubber. Once the rye has been colonized by mycelium, it may be used for a number of growing techniques.
Contents of the MushBag Rye Mushroom Substrate Kit
- Mushbag with 1400 g sterilized rye
- Alcohol swab
- User manual
4-6 months. The production date is printed on the box. Do not store the Mushbag above a radiator or in the full sun.
MushBag Rye Substrate Instructions
Before you start. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile. Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms. Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask. Let’s get started and do the first step: Inoculate the liquid culture. If you want to inject spores from a spore syringe directly you can skip this step and move on the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit”.
Prepare the Liquide Culture
Wash your hands and clean the working area!
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
Colonizing the Liquide Culture
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 day
- Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days
- Store the incolulated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium. Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a tiny bit of spores. Important!If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable. If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Inoculation of the MushBag Rye Substrate
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space. You will need:
- Mushbag Rye substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant Spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 5-10 ml of spore solution or use 25 ml of the Liquid Culture. This is enough spores to inoculate the Mushbag Rye Mushroom substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Disinfect it with an alcohol swab. Do not touch it again
- Shake the spore syringe very well for 5 till 10 seconds. This will get the spore of the sides and distribute them through the spore solution more evenly.
- Get the syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add all of the mushroom spore solution in the substrate kit. If the flow blocks ,gently pull the needle back a bit.
- Carefully squeeze and shake the bag to to spread the spore suspension through the substrate.
- Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees
Colonization of the Mushbag Rye
- To let the mycelium grow and colonize the substrate you must keep the MushBag Rye in a dark space with a temperature between 23 -27 degrees Celsius.
- Please notice that lower temperatures will stagnate the colonization or prolong the colonization time of the substrate. Temperatures below 15 degrees will stop the mycelium to grow.
- After 3-7 days you will see the mycelium starting to grow from the spots were the spores were dropped. The mycelium looks like cotton threads and becomes more stringy while developing and colonizing the mushroom substrate.
- The Mushbag can inflate a bit.
- Shaking the bag can accelerate the growth of mycelium
- It takes 2-4 weeks for the mycelium to colonize the substrate in the box. No empty spots of substrate should be left.
- Wait an additional 5-7 days to make sure the inside of the substrate is colonized by the spores too. Now that mushrooms substrate is fully covered by the mycelium the kit is ready to be prepared for fruiting or used as spawn to inoculate more substrate.
Growing from the MushBag Rye
The easiest approach to harvest mushrooms from mushbag rye is to just open the bag from the top. Create a casing layer of vermiculite on the surface of the substrate. Add moisture to the bag, then seal it with clothespins or paper clips. When circumstances are favorable, mushrooms may be harvested in a few of weeks. Download the user guide in English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, and Italian.